Noivak Music artist Avrey Smith had a video release party in Chicago for his single, “Inked Up”. If you don’t know who he is yet, you definitely need to do your research and get put on. He’s one of Chicago’s hottest R&B artists right now, and has gained much recognition after performing twice on 106 and Park. There were many Chicago industry professionals in the building including Willie Taylor from Day 26, UB Rodriguez from WGCI, Sean Rush of Kiss Magazine, and DJ Protege spinning.
Make sure you go to www.AvreySmithMusic.com to check him out, and follow him on Twitter @AvreySmithMusic.
Photos by King Vision Photography
I’m an avid Cosmo reader. I have every issue from the past 3 years…obsessed much? I digress. Whenever I read Cosmo, Glamour, Nylon, anything, and they talk about swimsuits, it’s so one-sided. These magazines play up to the conservative side of things, making sure you cover that donk and those large jugs. But, what if you wanna accentuate your jugs?? I must admit I’m a bad girl, and I’m looking out for my bad girls that wanna show a little more skin, and show off what mainstream society sees at “taboo”. So here’s a little swimsuit advice for my gals:
- Figure out your best asset, and run with it!! Unless you’re looking for the stripper look (which is totally fine), you may want to just show off T or just show off A.
- Part of the IBTC? Wearing triangle tops with a pattern helps give the illusion of a larger bust, especially the tops with thinner strings. Pst, a little secret. Pull the triangles closer together to give a little side boob, and they REALLY look bigger.
- Stacked on top? Don’t be afraid to show it off!! Most “fashionistas” will tell you not to wear a strapless top, or top without under wire, BUT (read carefully) IF YOU HAVE PERKY BOOBS you can totally pull it off and look like a bombshell!
- Thicker than a snicker? If you are comfortable with your butt, hips, and thighs, play it up!! You don’t have to wear a skirt, or boyshorts. Actually, if you buy bikini bottoms that show A LITTLE cheek, it give your butt an adorable shape.
- Boyish? You can really wear anything and look bomb, but ruffles and texture and really add a girly, feminine touch to your look.
- A little more meat? If you aren’t as comfortable with your body and prefer tankinis or one pieces, accessorize it up!! It’s not all about the weight and your body, it’s a total package.
- BE CONFIDENT AND COMFORTABLE!!! If you are constantly trying to cover yourself or hide something, you won’t have a good time or feel beautiful. A woman who can feel great about herself is the most attractive!
A BRIDAL LOVERS DREAM!! Here are some things I found fancy about William and Kate’s wedding:
1. Her dress was classy enough for a princess, but revealing enough to still feel like a sexy bride. Plus, it was Alexander McQueen. Well worth the wait.
2. They had one maid of honor and one best man in their wedding party. No bridesmaids or groomsmen. It kept the wedding a little more personal.
3. Kate and her father walked IN FRONT of the flower girls, and they all walked together. The visual was romantic, especially from above.
4.William and Harry talked to each other while walking to the isle. Brotherly love.
5. THE HATS!!! Can we bring back the church hat at EVERY formal event?
6. They had a formal wedding tea party. So much classier than a traditional wedding dinner.
7. Its was completely televised! I love that they opened the wedding up to bridal freaks like myself, we appreciate that!
I hope you use this as inspiration for your own wedding!
As we all know, there has been an influx of models, rappers, promoters, etc. recently. Kids don’t aspire to be doctors or lawyers anymore, they want to be in entertainment. A major reason for this is because it looks so glamorous! Be on t.v., hangout with celebs, party all the time, who could say no to that? If they saw the real thing, or even what they had to do to get there, perhaps they would change their minds.
I LOVE to model, but people like me that have been modeling their entire lives now have to deal with the stigma of being called a model because there are so many ratchett, Facebook models. I’ve been doing this since I could walk, but now if I say, “I’m a model”, people are side eyeing the fuck out of me. That is part of the reason I’m a sometimes-y model.
Because I LOVE modeling, I would encourage anyone, that has the look, to try it. See if it’s for you.
Don’t become a model to:
- Meet/Smash/Date a celebrity. I don’t know how many girls I see that have decided this is their ultimate goal. Focus on you. WTF.
- The money. Doing anything for money alone will lead you down a dark road, son.
- Status. Wanting fame…for what? Do you want it so you can be a role model? So everyone can feel and understand your art? What?
- Be in with the in crowd. That’s a childish mentality, be yourself.
Once you decide that this is what you want to do, think about the different types of modeling. Runway, catalogue, commercial, parts modeling, fit modeling, editorial, promotional, etc. Then, DO YOUR RESEARCH!! Are agencies looking for your look? Or do you need to promote yourself and create a brand first?
You have to know how to network, and promote the mess out of yourself.
Then, get your portfolio together and go to castings! YOU MUST WORK!
If you have any questions, just ask : )
Everyone has their superficial desires that they need to be fulfilled. That is perfectly fine, we all have that little devil on our shoulders telling us that it’s a WANT instead of a NEED. My itch has finally been scratched and I got my first pair of Christian Louboutins!!
Besides being known for their infamous red bottoms, they’re known for amazing quality. Not to mention, exclusivity. My advice to you, scratch your damn itch!!
A girl can’t forget her first pair of Louboutins : )