In a time of reflection, I realized that I GET IT. What do I get, you ask? I get the game. Now, I’m not saying that I always know what to do or that I do the right thing, but I am saying that I understand it. I understand cause and effect, I understand when to take things personal, and I understand when to charge it to the game. Being 22, I think that this is the time when you sink or swim. Half of my friends get it, so we know how to deal with situations and know how not to get treated. The other half, however, doesn’t get it and are stuck in what I like to call “headass situations”. So, I came up with a list of things that I wish I knew earlier. And I want to share it with you guys. Enjoy 🙂
1. If you do not want to have sex with a man, don’t go over his house. He’s going to try to cross the friendship line. So, to prevent unwanted interaction, just don’t.
2. If you are not in a relationship, you have NO rights. You cannot trip over a person not calling you, not seeing you, choosing you over his other chicks, nothing. You have no title so he can do these things without the nagging.
3. People will try you. Men and women will pull your card just to see what they can get away with. And this is their sole intention; it’s an ego thing.
4. Once you define your role, it’s VERY difficult to get out of it. For example, if you play house with someone, it’s hard to go from playing to real life. Be careful, and try your hardest to start in the position you want to end in.
5. Know when situations are personal, and when to charge it to the game. You can’t get in your feelings about every situation when you lose. Yes, sometimes it’s completely about YOU, and that’s why you lost. But other times, those L’s are part of the game. Charge it to the game and keep it moving.
*Headass- Someone that continuously makes mad decisions; lives with their head up their ass.